Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Scrap Happy, Green Tag Swap

On the Scrap Happy message board, there was a sign up to do a green themed tag swap.  You made three tags that had a green theme and then sent them to other participants.

I received my first tag in the mail on Saturday from Dawn.  Isn't it gorgeous? 


Puts the ones I made to shame.  She used flower soft on the bird's nest - how awesome is that.  I've never purchased flower soft, but after seeing this, I might want to get some.

Here are the tags that I made - I went with a St. Patty's theme.


I embossed the bottom of the tags with gold embossing powder.  Just used versamark over the bottom of the tag, added the gold embossing powder and melted it with the heat gun, then I added that green floral lace border to the bottom.  That's from an Anna Griffin kit I purchased a long time ago. Used a border of American Crafts green and gold glitter tape and covered most of that with a Petaloo flower and a wood veneer flag that I stamped Happy St. Patty's on.  I used a luck stamp and gold embossed it, added some shamrocks with some pearls and some jute and that was that.  I hope those that receive them like them.

Supplies I used:

Queen & Co. Pearls - Grass Green
American Crafts Premium Ribbon - Jute
Stamps from Studio G
Versamark
Gold Embossing Powder from Inkadinkado
Green and Gold Glitter Tape from American Crafts
Shamrocks from stash
Tags from Ranger, Inkssentials, #8 size manila tags
Momento Ink in Bamboo Leaves
Studio Calico Wood Veneer Flags
Flowers from Petaloo, Canterbury Rose
Green Felt floral ribbon from Anna Griffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment