Wednesday, February 20, 2013

LOAD, 213, Day 12, Always With Me

Today's challenge was to scrap something you did for love.  I chose to scrapbook about my tattoo which is something I've not scrapped before.  I've had the idea of getting a tattoo for a long time and I knew for all of that time exactly what I was going to get.  I have a stack of cards my mother had given me over the years and her unique handwriting is what I wanted to have as my tattoo.  So, Steve and I went to the tattoo place in March of 2011 and we both got the same tattoo.  Mom's handwritten words "Love, Mom."  I said to the artist that it was probably my first and last.  He said that it doesn't work like that, but for me, it probably does.  Maybe if I have kids, there will be something of so permanent importance in my life that I'll want to have it forever etched onto me, but maybe not.  I don't know.  For now, this is my one and only.  A lot of people following my getting the tattoo said that my mom would be so touched.  That's funny to me, because she wouldn't be.  She would have asked, "What the hell were you thinking?"  All I can say is, I love you, Mom, and I want you with me always.

See process video here:



Date of Photo:  March 4, 2011; Date Created: February 16, 2013

Supplies Used:

Paper
Black Cardstock, 12x12: Bazzill
Black Cardstock, 8.5x11: Simon Says Stamp Card Kit, November 2012
Pattern Paper, Basic Grey, Serenade, 6x6 Paper Pack, Simon Says Stamp Card Kit, November 2012
Teal Cardstock, 8.5x11: Simon Says Stamp Card Kit, November 2012

Alphas
Basic Grey, Bas-3988 stickers
Thickers, Jewelry Box, Silver


Ink
Zig Millenium, 08, Pure Black

Embellishments
Washi Tape: Prima
Buttons: Basic Grey, Serenade
Silver Lace Paper Trim: Stash
Rhinestone Stickers: Michael's
Flowers: Prima, Button Blossoms, Steel
Teal Ribbon: Stash
Round Die Cut, Stash

Tools
Marvy Tag Punch
Layering Too: Dillon's Laser Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment