Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Load Day 1


(I need to learn how to take better pictures of my layouts.)

I've taken the plunge again.  I hope this time I'm more successful.  I think I completed seven days when I tried LOAD in February and then I went on the road for work and that was all she wrote.  I am going to take time while I'm home to learn how to do some digital scrapping, even if it's very basic stuff so that I can complete my layouts while on the road.

For LOAD in February, I participated in a blog hop (on my other blog) and what I posted then about why I want to do LOAD hasn't changed, so I'll be pulling that post up out of the dungeon and posting it to the new blog.  So you should see that in the entry before this one - if you're interested.

Now - on to the layout for Day 1.  The challenge was Self Portrait.  Since I absolutely hate having my picture taken and wasn't feeling especially introspective yesterday, I struggled with this one.  I didn't know what direction I was going in or anything really that I wanted to document.  I was flipping through all of our photos and I found this one that Stew took unbeknownst to me while we were at the Eastern Wildlife Sanctuary.  The sun shining down, the serene look on my face, I look at this picture and see myself as hopeful in it, so that's what I chose to focus on.

I kind of cheated when it came to the patterned paper.  I bought an ATC set at Michael's a couple of months back (love my clearance finds) and in it were these papers already perfectly coordinated.  It doesn't get much easier than that.  I've had that plastic word Hopeful in my stash since I started scrapping.  I don't even know who made it - this was before I kept track of such things.  I pulled a journaling card from Studio 112 (love those dollar bins, too) which matched the colors.  The ribbon is from Michael's - Celebrate It.  There's wax seals from Basic Grey.  The three wire flowers and the moon pendant came in a kit and since I've pulled all of my kits apart, I don't know the manufacturer of those either.  The word stickers are from Cosmo Cricket as is the  background paper.  The brad with the flower on it is MME and the other brads are Making Memories.  I went a little crazy with the Queen and Co. rhinestones, but I don't do well with empty spaces and thought it needed something.  The transparency I cut apart and used in places to border the patterned paper - that was also from my stash.

All in all, the layout took less than an hour - that's what I love about LOAD.  Don't fret.  The most important thing about the layout is that it's done!

Want to see me create it?  Youtube video is below:


No comments:

Post a Comment