Tuesday, March 5, 2013

LOAD, 213, Day 28: My Place

Today's challenge was to scrap about your secret place.  The place you go to get away from the world and re-charge.  I don't find that in any physical location, but rather, I escape into different worlds through the books that I read.  My father-in-law took this picture of me while we were down at Long Beach Island for vacation in the Fall of 2011.  I spend a lot of my time down there relaxing and reading and he captured this candid shot of me doing just that.  At first, I wanted to strangle him, I look terrible in this picture, but then I was thankful that he caught this memory on film.  And with that, LOAD 213 comes to a close.  I've very much enjoyed the challenges and love the stack of layouts that I have done.  It wasn't a perfect month.  I didn't do a layout every single day but I did explore digital scrapbooking for when I'm on the road, I did pull out my sewing machine and learn a little bit more about it and I scrapped a bunch of stories that were waiting to be told.  I'll call that a success.

Next LOAD happens during May 2013.  Right now I'm undecided if I'm going to participate just because my work schedule is going to get much busier over the next couple of months.  Either way, the posting on this blog will go back to its regular schedule:  Monday: Project Life; Wednesday: Layout; Friday: Process Video and starting next week, there will be a weekly contest.  Stay tuned for that.

The process video for this layout:



Date of photo: Fall 2011
Date created: February 28, 2013
Total Time:  30 minutes

Supplies used:

Paper
Black Cardstock, Scraps
Pattern Paper: We R Memory Keepers, Designer Scrapbook Pad, MVP

Alphas
Bo Bunny Weekend Market Combo Stickers

Ink
Memento, Rich Cocoa, Dew Drop

Stamps
Technique Tuesday, Studio AE Feb 2013, Super Fantastic

Embellishments
Wood Veneer Arrows, Studio Calico
October Afternoon, Make It Merry, Tidbits
Evalicious, So Daily, Page Tabs
Fancy Pants Designs, Accent and Journaling Cards
Bo Bunny Weekend Market Combo Stickers
My Mind's Eye, Lost and Found 3, Oliver, Decorative Tape

1 comment:

  1. Gina,
    First of all... I have truly enjoyed your YouTube videos. I wish that we had connected on Flickr! I really do enjoy your videos. So glad to have found your blog.

    You have a great sense of humor, and I just smile every time you talk with your hands.

    ReplyDelete