Friday, April 27, 2012

Scrapbook Page and Process Video: Merry Christmas



This layout was made to document our Christmas celebration with Mom and Dad on January 8th, 2012.  As everyone knows, Christmas 2011 is one Stew and I will not forget and not for anything we want to remember.  There were no Christmas celebrations in December for us, so we played catch up having Christmas with our family. 

Journaling reads:  Another delayed Christmas celebration.  Dad couldn't wait to celebrate Christmas - he kept asking when would Stew be ready.  January 8th turned out to be the day.  Mom brought stuffed peppers.  Late, but still great.


I have to say if it wasn't for the Burlap and Buttercups monthly kit I had on hand, I wouldn't have been motivated to scrap this at all.  There's no way I feel like pulling all of those Christmas things out, but the kit gave me a good launching point.  I love the trees and the word believe is one of my favorite of the holiday season.  Though, it is positioned next to a picture of Santa - I take the word believe in a more spiritual way around the holidays.

If interested in watching the process video for this layout - you can find that below.  The layout is not complete when the video ends.  It looked very plain to me.  That's when it became inevitable that I pull out the Christmas embellishment box.  I added the border dimensional sticker of ornaments at the top and called it done.  The embellishment sticker came from Walmart.  As time goes on and I make it a habit of posting information about my layouts, I'll pay more attention to the manufacturer of all of the supplies.





No comments:

Post a Comment